Here’s all you need to know.
Whether you’re switching WordPress maintenance provider, or you need one for a new website, please make sure to look into it thoroughly.
There are plenty of dodgy companies out there that will offer sub-par service for hyper-charged prices.
At Toast, we allow our clients to be flexible as they may just need a quick fix, and we know that website needs can change on a monthly or daily basis.
Don’t get weighed down by bad deals: We’ve got you covered.
1. Reputation and Reviews For Other’s Thoughts
The reputation of a WordPress maintenance provider holds immense value for potential clients.
Other people’s experiences can sometimes tell you all you need to know.
- Reliability Assessment: Reviews indicate how well they have delivered on promises and met the expectations of their clients in the past.
- Trustworthiness: By researching a provider’s reputation, you are essentially gauging how trustworthy they are in handling the critical aspects of your website maintenance.
- Client Satisfaction: Checking reviews and testimonials provides insights into the level of satisfaction previous clients have experienced.
- Problem Resolution: Paying attention to this aspect can indicate the provider’s problem-solving skills and customer-centric approach.
2. Services Offered
It’s important to understand exactly what your support provider has to offer.
Here’s a breakdown of this, focusing on both the range of services provided and the alignment of these services with your specific website needs.
- Comprehensive Service Catalog: Look for a range of services that may include routine updates, security audits, backups, performance optimisation, and technical support.
- Routine Updates and Maintenance: Prioritise providers that include routine updates for WordPress core, themes, and plugins in their services.
- Backup and Recovery Solutions: A reliable provider should offer scheduled backups of your website data and a streamlined recovery process in case of unexpected events or data loss.
- Performance Optimisation: A well-optimised website contributes to a better user experience and can positively impact your site’s search engine rankings.
3. Experience and Expertise
There is a huge gamble when it comes to opting for a less experienced WordPress support team.
They won’t have the volume of reviews to back up any excellency claims, and you won’t necessarily know what their quality of service is like.
- Assess how long the provider has been in the industry.
- Longer experience often means a better understanding of challenges and effective problem-solving.
- Evaluate the qualifications, certifications, and specialised skills of the team members.
- A skilled team ensures your website is in capable hands.
Contributions to Reliable Maintenance:
Experience leads to:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A proactive approach to maintenance.
- Efficient execution of updates, security measures, and optimisations.
- Adaptability to industry trends.
- A track record of successful maintenance builds confidence.
- Long-term client relationships indicate consistent, reliable services.
4. Security Measures
Every website needs protecting, and if your WordPress maintenance provider can’t offer you any, I think you need to move on.
A good foundation is helping you with quick fixes, or even contacting your hosting provider to sort out DDoS attacks.
- Cyber Threat Protection: Emphasise the importance of security in defending against cyber threats like hacking and malware.
- Data Confidentiality: Security safeguards user data, ensuring confidentiality and integrity.
- Trust Building: A secure website builds trust and confidence among users.
- Reputation Management: Security measures protect your online reputation.
- Regular Updates: Security protocols should include prompt software updates and patching.
- Incident Response Plan: Check the provider has a well-defined incident response plan for swift action in security incidents.
- Ongoing Monitoring: Continuous monitoring of potential threats is crucial for effective security.
5. Backup and Restore Processes
Ensuring the reliability and security of your website involves not only preventative measures but also a robust backup and restore strategy.
- Necessity of Regular Backups: They act as a fail-safe in the event of data loss, accidental deletions, or system failures.
- Protection Against Data Loss: Regular backups ensure that your data is protected and can be easily restored if any such incidents occur.
- Minimising Downtime: Quick restoration means reduced disruption to your website’s availability and functionality.
6. Uptime Monitoring
Uptime, the measure of time your site is operational and accessible, directly influences user experience, search engine rankings, and overall success.
Website Availability Impact:
- Availability directly influences user satisfaction and engagement.
- Consistent uptime is vital for positive user experiences.
SEO and Visibility:
- High uptime contributes to better search engine rankings.
- Improved visibility increases organic traffic to your site.
- Downtime can result in revenue loss for e-commerce sites.
- Service interruptions impact business continuity.
- Monitoring allows providers to implement preventive measures.
- Identifying and addressing issues before they escalate.
7. Response Time and Support
Prompt and effective support is invaluable when it comes to choosing a WordPress maintenance provider.
Grasping the provider’s responsiveness to inquiries or issues and understanding their support structure are critical in ensuring a seamless experience.
- Assessing Responsiveness: Evaluate the provider’s track record in responsiveness. This can be determined through client testimonials, reviews, or by directly inquiring about their average response times to support queries.
- 24/7 Support Availability: Round-the-clock support ensures that assistance is available regardless of the time zone or when an issue arises.
- Phone Support: Do they offer phone support? Direct communication via phone can be crucial for urgent matters that require immediate attention.
8. Pricing and Transparency
As the market offers a range of service packages, pricing models, and add-ons, it’s essential to delve into these details.
WordPress maintenance providers need to be upfront with you, and have their prices prominently displayed on their website.
If it seems a little suspicious, and like their withholding prices, like we’ve said, it’s best to avoid them.
The last thing you would want is to risk endangering your website at the hands of a phoney support team.
Some providers opt for tiered plans, offering different levels of service at different price points, while others may provide a la carte options where clients can select specific services based on their needs.
- Avoiding Hidden Costs: Transparent pricing ensures that clients are fully aware of all costs associated with the chosen plan. This includes any additional fees or charges that might be incurred for specific services.
- Budget Planning: Clear, transparent pricing allows clients to plan their budgets effectively. Knowing the exact costs helps in avoiding unexpected financial surprises.
- Building Trust: Transparent pricing builds trust. Clients appreciate honesty and openness about costs, fostering a positive client-provider relationship.
Don’t let unprepared WordPress maintenance providers screw you over.
It’s important to check out all the points we’ve covered and to take a good look at what your website needs.
Here at Toast, we offer a whole range of support options, for those who have large sites and need ongoing support, to those who need the odd fix here and there.
Check us out, and let us become your sites’ new best friend.